Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1269

Re: Chocolate Attack Event Challenge

Post by LoreenC »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:55 am
aheatfan wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:48 am
Thanks for this challenge - I have brown cardstock background and brown in the photos. My son graduated in 2014 so thanks for the push to get these done. I am sooo behind!!

My grandson Jackson is at FSU and is in freshman year and now playing Graduate Level.  He plays at Carnegie Hall this summer and he is playing in NC at somewhere in Greenville...that is a paid position.  He has another paid position at Carnegie Mellon and one at Trinity High School here this summer too.  I don't understand the schedule...haha!  He is extremely talented and also a soft shoe tap dancer...  Love your photos!  Does he play all percussion?  All five of my grand-teens play percussion. 

I Love this for two Reasons:  My SIL was a combat Medic in Desert Storm ,  injured and a Disabled veteran . We sent as much as we could to him!

My Grandson was going to play at Carnegie Hall too ! COVID stopped that for us ! He is graduating end of May!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cards4Ever
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 216

Post by Cards4Ever »

I can't do the first part of the challenge since I will be making cake tomorrow. 
For the second part of the challenge, I did a spread in my TN cooking insert. 
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/303401

Mandi My Blog
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

What an awesome challenge and I love love love your layout!

Image Image Image Image

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Post by debraruffing »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:40 am
Great challenge and fabulous recipe!!! Do you know, we still make the lemon bars from a few years ago (last year? 2 years?). They are so yummy! DH wants to make these now!

That is so good to hear!  She will be so happy to know you love her recipe!  Thank you for letting me know.  She is still baking and loves trying out new recipes.  
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by debraruffing »

sherelm wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 am
Didn't she do that with lemon bars one time??  I made them from SOMEONE, and boy she looks familiar!!  And the lemon bars were excellent!

Sherelm,  YES!  You got that recipe from Isabella!  I did the Lemon Bar Event Challenge two years ago in NSD 2020.  She is still baking and loves to try new recipes!  Thank you for remembering her, she will be tickled!
Debra R. 

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by debraruffing »

JAire wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:52 am
Interesting! Unfortunately, I don't eat flour, or any grain. My DD makes awesome cookies and cakes with almond flour. (I make out if this world biscuits!)
But, I will still make a layout for the second part of your challemge.

You could try the almond flour in these...my daughter is gluten free and uses Bob's Red Mill Gluten free flour.  It's the best we have tried.  Works pretty good, but not for biscuits!
Debra R. 

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by debraruffing »

shoorn wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:26 am
The recipe sounds wonderful though I don't do any baking these days - have to watch the sugar intake. Okay to do just the layout?

Susan-that is totally fine!  :)
Debra R. 

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by debraruffing »

LoreenC wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:01 pm
I Love this for two Reasons:  My SIL was a combat Medic in Desert Storm ,  injured and a Disabled veteran . We sent as much as we could to him!

My Grandson was going to play at Carnegie Hall too ! COVID stopped that for us ! He is graduating end of May! 

Thank you for letting me know!  Thank your SIL for his service!    I am sorry he was injured.  

Your grandson must have been going in March 2020?  That's when Jackson was supposed to go as well-darn COVID!  Jackson was asked to go again this year. 

Does your Grandson play percussion or a different instrument?  Congratulations to your Grandson on his graduation you must be a proud Nana! 💙
Debra R. 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm
sherelm wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 am
Didn't she do that with lemon bars one time??  I made them from SOMEONE, and boy she looks familiar!!  And the lemon bars were excellent!

Sherelm,  YES!  You got that recipe from Isabella!  I did the Lemon Bar Event Challenge two years ago in NSD 2020.  She is still baking and loves to try new recipes!  Thank you for remembering her, she will be tickled! 
I just told my sister that I'm baking those bars today - if we have (and we probably do) chocolate chips because it's really awful here right now (weatherwise).  Waiting for Noah to float by!!  I sooooooooooo loved her lemon bars, made them the afternoon of NSD and almost made myself sick  because I ate nothing else!!  Tell her they'll be great for Stanley Cup playoffs tonight!!

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia

Post by LoreenC »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:46 pm
LoreenC wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:01 pm

Thank you for letting me know!  Thank your SIL for his service!    I am sorry he was injured.  

Your grandson must have been going in March 2020?  That's when Jackson was supposed to go as well-darn COVID!  Jackson was asked to go again this year. 

Does your Grandson play percussion or a different instrument?  Congratulations to your Grandson on his graduation you must be a proud Nana! 💙  

Thank you ! I am Very Proud ! Yes, it was 2020! He plays viola in Orchestra, first chair, (and all guitars on his own, self taught) He is Graduating in the Top 1 % of Texas HS students for academic achievement! 

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia

Post by LoreenC »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:24 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Great challenge and fabulous recipe!!! Do you know, we still make the lemon bars from a few years ago (last year? 2 years?). They are so yummy! DH wants to make these now!

That is so good to hear!  She will be so happy to know you love her recipe!  Thank you for letting me know.  She is still baking and loves trying out new recipes.   
I remember the lemon bar challenge! 

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

druffing wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:24 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Yes! Please tell her that the recipe is in our family recipe folder. I have photos still to print & scrap in our recipe album :) She is a great baker!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

This is a great challenge!
I have a family reunion next weekend so I'm making this recipe to take!
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
cthick
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by cthick »

How do I post a layout photo?
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

cthick wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 5:31 pm
How do I post a layout photo?
You have to load it into our gallery here at ACOT, then you should be able to copy and paste it here on the thread.

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

I need to go shopping!  I do not even have sugar in the house bc I am on Keto and DH stops at Dunkin on his way to work.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Pam S.
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 21

Post by Pam S. »

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2131

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Here they are, just waiting for them to cool enough to test!!!

And here is my layout using a brown background and brown spoons.

Image Image
Last edited by oceanbreezes423 on Sat May 07, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 780

Post by Breauxlabs »

Sadly I can’t stand long enough to bake something but I chose a pic of my Chocolate Lab for the layout part.

Kim Breaux
ImageImage
Jessica Haab
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 58

Post by Jessica Haab »

Scrap lift from Scrap Squad Facebook group. Brown in the popsicle sticker, on the ice cream cone, and the kids are eating chocolate fudgesicles

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2022”